|Buy her the jersey of your favourite team|
Often there will come a time in a relationship when your hockey watching becomes an endangered species. There will be a point in which constant nagging about always watching hockey or snide comments such as "oh, the Leafs play again tonight" and "oh, what game is on now?" become all too commonplace. Unlike the Manatee, you can avoid that jet boat propeller by doing a few simple things. Thus, we give to you, a guide on how to get your girlfriend to watch hockey and the upsides of such an event:
- Every intermission, give her a back massage. (this could work in your favour of getting a different type of massage in return with a happier ending than a Leafs win).
- Show her pictures of the ESPN Body Issue (but not Chara).
- Sign her up for a hockey pool. Tell that you love doing things together and watch her pick her team by how the players look in their photos. (Only way Mike Fisher makes a fantasy team).
- Remind her of that time you watched Gossip Girl.
- Let her in on a secret that most of the fighting in hockey is because of cheating and players talking about other players wives. Women love drama.
- Women also love emotion, tell her about a player's recent loss or an injury, her sympathy will rub off onto the game of hockey.
- Tell her that you had plans to watch with your boys tonight, but really just wanted to spend time with her. (Bonus points if she buys your pop and goodies for the night).
- Explain to her that watching hockey is what you did with your family growing up and its so nice you can do that with her. (Don't say this if you have been dating 3+ years and she's expecting a ring).
- Tell her that Dion Phaneuf is so romantic that he has a special thing he does for his girlfriend Elisha Cuthbert. Every time he misses the net and hits the glass, it's his way of saying "I love you babe".
- Take her to a game and get her drunk. She will have such a blast that watching games on TV will become fun for you to do together by association of that night.
- Let her know that it's half price martini night at the bar you usually watch your game at, and you hate how its always packed with girls. See if she wants to watch the game at home with you.
- Make nachos and Dr. Pepper on Saturday nights "your tradition". (Girls love the word tradition).