This is the sight Leaf fans had to deal with last night as their Captain left the game midway through the 2nd period after getting clipped by a skate. The Leafs made the announcement today that Phaneuf will miss a minimum four weeks with a deep cut on his left leg.
So what does this injury mean to the world of hockey?
- Someone else on the Maple Leafs roster will have to handle the music in the locker room
- Elisha Cuthbert = Home Nurse
- Luke Schenn’s ice time will continue to increase to career highs
- Less Pierre Mcguire orgasms tonight on TSN
- Elisha Cuthbert’s fake twitter becoming a legitimate Toronto Maple Leaf fans injury update source
- Ovechkin will only score two goals tonight now that he doesn't have to face Phaneuf
- No Baywatch-esqe Phaneuf running scenes
- Booing at the ACC will now shift to Mikhail Grabovski, Tomas Kaberle, Kris Versteeg, Mike Komisarek, Tyler Bozak, and Francois Beauchemin
- Colby Armstrong and Dion Phaneuf spending more quality time together playing NHL 11, or Phaneuf might really push for NHL 09
- Workers at the ACC won’t have to clean the glass behind the net from all of Dion’s missed shots
- Leaf forwards might actually stand in front of the net with out the fear of getting dinged in the head