It’s been on all the sports channels and newspapers in Toronto that talks are ongoing between telecom giant Rogers Communications to buy out the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan’s 66 per cent controlling interest of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment. If successful,
would add the Leafs, Raptors, Marlies, Toronto FC, the Air Canada Centre and rights to BMO Field to its sports line up that already includes the Blue Jays and Rogers Centre (Skydome). It’s rumoured to be a $1.3 billion dollar deal. That is a lot of money for a bunch of losing teams. Rogers
- Will my Rogers Bills go up now with the annual ticket increases we see every year?
- So even if I don't go to the games, I will still be monetarily raped to watch them play. Great.
- Many people are asking who the Raptors are and what league they play in?
- I would rather anyone own the team, other than my grade 10 teacher. I hate that prick.
- That poor guy with the terrible phone service now has a terrible sports team problem as well.
- I can't wait to see unknown Blue Jays players shown on the big screen at Leafs games.
- It will be cool to see Toronto Maple Leafs players getting belligerent at all the Blue Jays games in April since their season will be over.
- If the Leafs are for sale, I want Blackberry Balsillie to put in a bid.
- Who really ownnnns the Leafs now?
- Some how I can see a ticket plan that will make you buy a non-premium Blue Jays ticket before you can purchase one for the Leafs.
- 5 team ticket package? Pucking great!
- Is there any chance they would rehire the old ICEEEEE COLDDDDDD BEEEEER guy to work Leafs games?
- Leafs games will be shown on the amazing Sportsnet One channel. I know a total of 3 people that have this channel, and all it ever shows is dart tournaments, 5 pin bowling and that exciting new sport to watch that's on every channel, poker.