- The Sedin's went missing... Like... Phil Kessel Missing...
- Brad Marchand's nose for the net led the way with 11 goals, 5 of which came in the Finals
- Roberto Luongo chirped Tim Thomas after Game 5 - The Hockey Gods don't like that. How can you chirp Tim Thomas anyways? He seems like such a nice guy.
- Keith Ballard shitting the bed and getting scratched most of the playoffs while making $4.2M for the next 4 seasons...
- The Bruins wanted to win in Canada so 19 year old rookie, Tyler Seguin, could celebrate legally
- Two Swedes and a Cup is not a video I'd want to see as the sequel to 2 Girls 1 Cup.
- Canucks had no secondary scoring - check that - they had nobody scoring. 8 goals in 7 games is not going to win you a championship
- Don Cherry would say that the Bruins had more Canadian born players so that's why they won
- The Canucks didn't have a chance against the Cam Neely Curse.
- There were also rumblings that Cam "The Hoss" Neely threatened most of the Canucks lives
- He wasn't flashy, but Tomas Kaberle did put up 11 points during these playoffs, including a team leading 5 powerplay points (ok that's not much, but he still led)
- Patrice Bergeron put up 20 points in 23 games, but most importantly shut down the other teams top lines during the playoffs on his way to a +15 rating
- Defence wins championships and the Bruins had 13 players in the top 15 for plus minus with Chara leading the way with as a + 16
- TIM THOMAS - the best road hockey and ice hockey goalie in the world.
- David Krejci with little fanfare led the playoffs in points with 23, including 4 game winning goals
- Milan Lucic put the team on his massive curved shoulders and led the way physically for the Bruins
- Shawn Thornton only played 7 minutes a night during the playoffs, but used them wisely and had a huge impact as a role player
- In the game of life a 7 foot Czech always beats a Swedish Ginger (unless you are at the rippers)
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Why The Boston Bruins Won The Stanley Cup
Posted by Dirty Dangle at 3:31 PM