Many people are pumping Shanny's tires these days, and it seems like fans are hoping players get suspended just so they can see Sheriff Shanahan dish out the punishment and flock to NHL.com to watch his ruling. This is a great thing for NHL.com, as just imagine all the traffic the IMDb Star is bringing to the site. With that being said, how long is it until we see some product placement in these short videos?
Here are some potential advertisers and product placements you might see if the NHL goes in this direction:
- The cracks in the yellow beam are finally fixed, with a message from Lowes on the importance of home maintenance.
- If a player with bad hair loss (Ryan Getzlaf, Matt Stajan, etc.) is suspended, there is a message that the suspension is proudly brought to you by Rogaine.
- If a player on the Islanders, Coyotes or Blue Jackets faces suspension, there is a tourism ad for the province of Quebec immediately following the video.
- If any player on the Vancouver Canucks faces disciplinary action, Brendan Shanahan wears a hemp shirt and the room is filled with marijuana plants.
- When Alexander Ovechkin is suspended, Shanahan uses Ovie's magic Mr. Big wand to deliver the suspension.
- When a player from the Boston Bruins is suspended, the new trailer for The Hangover 3 will debut before the suspension announcement.
- If Dustin Penner or Kyle Wellwood face the Shanahammer, Brendan Shanahan delivers the suspension while going through a Burger King drive-thru.
- It's safe to say that any Detroit Red Wings suspension will be presented by Amway.
- If Shanahan makes a video on a Friday or Saturday night, he does the entire video while drinking a bottle of Molson Canadian.
- If Sidney Crosby ever receives a Shanagram, there is a clause that Shanahan must say "Ferrari" at least 5 times during the video.