Whether you're calling in sick today or feel like putting a little something in your coffee at work, join us for the 2012 Dirty Dangle NHL Trade Deadline Drinking Game - we know Mike Richards and Jeff Carter will be playing along. We suggest starting the day with the Breakfast of Champions: beer and pancakes in honour of Dustin Penner (who might be moving today if a GM is trying to lose their job). Whatever your poison - Irish Coffee, Screwdriver, red wine in a Coke can - make sure to drink responsibly and don't be an idiot. Also, if you drive a bus or work with kids, it might be best to make a tally throughout the day and catch up after work with friends at a bar, or alone.
Here are the rules:
- For every trade that is made.
- Any time a reporter mentions a player has just left the ice or is not at practice.
- Every time "CapGeek" is mentioned.
- Any time the words "buyer" or "seller" are mentioned.
- Any time "Unofficial National Holiday" is mentioned.
- Every time the most trades on deadline day is mentioned.
- Any time a GM is shown on their phone.
- If a player being interviewed says he learned of the trade while watching a Trade Deadline show.
- Every time TSN shows Jay Onrait at home in a robe (we know what you put in that Gino Reda mug, Jay).
- If Nick Kypreos breaks a trade before TSN, double the amount if he sticks it to TSN.
- If while watching theScore coverage, you think to yourself that Cam "Red Heat" Stewart really is a Raging Redhead (bonus drink if he reveals how many missiles of Pepsi he's had today).
- If you watch any of CBC's coverage of the trade deadline.
- If the big fish, Rick Nash, is traded.
- If a 1st round pick is traded.
- If a 7th round pick is traded.
- If a player you've never heard of is traded.
Chug A Beer
- Take a concussion shot (take a shot and have a friend hit you with a phone book) if Sidney Crosby is mentioned.
- If Mike Ribeiro is traded, take one of the the worst shots ever created and writhe in pain on your floor.
- Take a Rick DiPietro shot (cough medicine and take the week off of work) if any injured player is traded.
- If Ryan Malone is traded, finish all the alcohol in your home and go get 30% of your body covered in tattoos.
- Grab a bottle of Finlandia Vodka and make a sauna in your washroom if Teemu Selanne is traded.