|Peeling potatoes in Prince Edward Island!|
- This is the 12th Hockey Day In Canada. Started in 2000 and only missed one year due to the NHL lockout of 2005.
- With P.E.I hosting this year, there are two remaining provinces/territories yet to host: Northwest Territories and Quebec.
- There are approximately 572,411 registered hockey players in Canada, just over 4 times the population of Prince Edward Island (140,204).
- With 7 Canadian teams this year, there will be an American team joining the broadcast, the Sidney Crosby-less Pittsburgh Penguins. This marks the 3rd time an American team has taken part in the event (Colorado Avalanche and Detroit Red Wings in 2008).
- With a 7-2-1-1 record, the Vancouver Canucks have the best Hockey Day In Canada record. The Edmonton Oilers have the worst with a 2-7-0-1 record.
- Brad Richards is the most successful hockey product out of P.E.I (in case you didn't know from the 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs). With 750 points, a Stanley Cup, a Conn Smythe, and a Lady Byng, he is the biggest potato of the bunch from P.E.I.
- One of the events taking place in P.E.I is a game between the University of Prince Edward Island and St. Thomas University Tommies. Last year's playoff darling, Joel Ward, played four seasons at UPEI.
- "The Hockey Song" legend, Stompin' Tom Connors, grew up on Prince Edward Island.