It's been a solid 13 days and nights of NHL hockey, especially when we were able to catch every single game on TV thanks to a free preview of NHL Centre Ice. Now it's time to say goodbye to our good friend, NHL Centre Ice Free Preview, and go back to watching our local team on TV and whatever national broadcasts are on. Sure we could fork over the $50 the NHL has priced the package at for the next three months, but when we say the NHL isn't getting a fucking dime from us this season we mean it.
Here are some of the things we'll miss about the NHL Centre Ice Free Preview:
- Switching to games just to watch the overtime and shootout.
- Watching rookies make their debuts and seeing how they perform in The Show.
- Feeling like a sucker every time a Southern team advertises their ticket packages for upcoming games. 4 tickets, all-you-can-eat food and free parking for $40? Fuck.
- Watching every Edmonton Oilers game.
- Getting to watch as many games of veteran legends such as Jaromir Jagr and Teemu Selanne before they retire.
- Watching the late games in the dark on low volume because the rest of your family is sleeping. It just feels so naughty.
- Turning to a game to see a replay or response after Twitter explodes with fans talking about a big hit, great goal or a fight.
- Ice girls and cheerleaders from around the league. One correlation we found is that they seem to get hotter the more south you go.
- The horrible acting that occurs when players act in commercials. In some markets you see players selling their souls for car dealerships and insurance companies.
- Getting to listen to other teams play-by-play guys and seeing how brutal they are. Makes you appreciate your guys a little more, even if they are also terrible.
- Switching to a game to see if a player will continue a streak (example: Patty Marleau's multi-goal streak)
- Checking out the hot girl doing the hosting and interviewing duties for other teams.
- Betting on games and actually being able to watch them live rather than follow along with on a ticker.