Recently nominated for the Mark Messier Leadership Award, Daniel Alfredsson has been a pretty solid leader in Ottawa for most of his career and is a pillar of the franchise. Ask Siri and she'll even say Alfie is God. But after last night's loss he much pretty much tossed up the white flag, booked his flight home to Sweden and surrendered to the mighty Pittsburgh Penguins.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Posted by Dirty Dangle at 7:14 PM
Monday, May 20, 2013
What about the incident with Max Pacioretty?
“The incident? It wasn’t that much. He was choking me and I bit him. Don’t stick your hands where you shouldn’t. To be honest with you he was choking me pretty hard, to the point where I really couldn’t breathe. And I couldn’t pull his hand away at all. I tried to hit him with my other hand, but I couldn’t because he was choking me. There was nothing left to do but bite him.”
Posted by Dirty Dangle at 6:22 PM
Sunday, May 19, 2013
It's that fun time when NHL teams start to reveal what injuries their players had or suffered during the playoffs and we shake our heads in awe. We like to call this time of year the Playoffs Injury Parade as teams disclose injuries that were suspected about during series' or completely unknown about. These injuries are kept under a veil of secrecy during the playoffs as you can't give your opponent a sniff of weakness so it's always interesting when a team is eliminated and you get to see what players were playing through. There are only a few injuries that will keep a player from playing this time of year and if you don't have have some battlescars when you win than you're not doing it right.
Posted by Dirty Dangle at 1:59 PM
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Posted by Dirty Dangle at 10:30 PM
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Posted by Dirty Dangle at 11:22 AM
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Posted by Dirty Dangle at 1:33 AM
Friday, May 10, 2013
An ongoing joke I have with my brothers is that Phil Kessel doesn't get enough sleep. He always looks sleepy on the bench and it's probably only a matter of time before he gets the Paul Maurice bags under his eyes. Clearly this look doesn't affect his play as he still has the speed and scoring touch to finish 8th in league scoring this year. Well, a Boston radio station named WAAF thought he needed even less sleep so they sent a a host from the Hill-Man Morning Show with a bullhorn to heckle Phil Kessel outside the hotel where the Maple Leafs were staying:
The heckling was a retaliation for Toronto radio station host, Dean Blundell, attempting to send pizzas to the Boston Bruins hotel in the morning. Here's them talking about the prank at the 51:00 mark:
Posted by Dirty Dangle at 2:38 PM
Sunday, May 5, 2013
- Most of our friends were still virgins.
- Todd Bertuzzi was the most hated man in hockey.
- Facebook had just launched, but just for Harvard students so you couldn't creep girls at your school yet. You had to use ICQ and MSN to hit on girls until 2am at night.
- Dick Tarnstrom was one of the highest scoring defencemen with 52 points. 38 of those points came on the powerplay and Tarnstrom was a -37 that season.
- Paris Hilton wasn't an amateur pornstar yet.
- Dan Cloutier was a winning goalie in the NHL.
- You wouldn't be able to rewatch the Darcy Tucker hit on Sami Kapanen thousands of time because YouTube wasn't invented.
- Justin Timberlake had recently showed the world Janet Jackson's right titty.
- Joe Nieuwendyk was a Leafs hero in the playoffs and wasn't getting fired as GM of the Dallas Stars.
- Joe Sakic hadn't stuck his hand in a snowblower yet.
- Dion Phaneuf's hottie, Elisha Cuthbert, had just appeared in The Girl Next Door and became every teenage boys fantasy.
- Marty St. Louis won the Art Ross Trophy putting up 94 points in 82 games and he's won it again this year with 60 points in 48 games.
- One of our favourite video games ever, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, hadn't even come out yet meaning I hadn't spent most of my time robbing hookers and starting gang wars.
Posted by Dirty Dangle at 4:19 PM