- Most of our friends were still virgins.
- Todd Bertuzzi was the most hated man in hockey.
- Facebook had just launched, but just for Harvard students so you couldn't creep girls at your school yet. You had to use ICQ and MSN to hit on girls until 2am at night.
- Dick Tarnstrom was one of the highest scoring defencemen with 52 points. 38 of those points came on the powerplay and Tarnstrom was a -37 that season.
- Paris Hilton wasn't an amateur pornstar yet.
- Dan Cloutier was a winning goalie in the NHL.
- You wouldn't be able to rewatch the Darcy Tucker hit on Sami Kapanen thousands of time because YouTube wasn't invented.
- Justin Timberlake had recently showed the world Janet Jackson's right titty.
- Joe Nieuwendyk was a Leafs hero in the playoffs and wasn't getting fired as GM of the Dallas Stars.
- Joe Sakic hadn't stuck his hand in a snowblower yet.
- Dion Phaneuf's hottie, Elisha Cuthbert, had just appeared in The Girl Next Door and became every teenage boys fantasy.
- Marty St. Louis won the Art Ross Trophy putting up 94 points in 82 games and he's won it again this year with 60 points in 48 games.
- One of our favourite video games ever, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, hadn't even come out yet meaning I hadn't spent most of my time robbing hookers and starting gang wars.
Sunday, May 5, 2013
The last time the Maple Leafs were in the playoffs...
Posted by Dirty Dangle at 4:19 PM