Here are the rules:
- For every free agent signing.
- Any time "CBA" is mentioned.
- Every time you hear or read "sources say".
- Any time the panel reviews the best available players.
- Every time an NHL GM is shown on TV.
- Every time you check CapGeek.
- If a players agent name is mentioned (examples: Allan Walsh, Don Meehan, etc).
- If a UFA player resigns with their team.
- When a recently signed player is interviewed over the phone.
- If you miss a signing because you were getting a new drink.
- If a player over the age of 35 signs a new contract.
- When a recently bought out player is signed.
- If the Montreal Canadiens sign a French player.
- For every deal worth over $5M/year.
- If a player over the age of 40 signs a new contract.
- If you think Paul Holmgren is confusing reality with his NHL 13 Be A GM mode.
- If you fall for a fake Twitter account announcing a signing.
- If Rick DiPietro signs anything longer than a one-year deal.
- If a restricted free agent signs an offer sheet.
- Any time during the day you remember a past free agent signing your team made that you wish they never had.
- Shot of Finlandia if Teemu Selanne signs to play another season. #TeemuForever
- If Andrew Ference signs hug a tree and finish your drink.
- Mandatory Jager Bomb when Jaromir Jagr signs.
- Screech-In whenever a Newfie is signed (Michael Ryder, Dan Cleary, and Ryane Clowe).
Have fun and don't be an idiot, drink responsibly.