|Go home, Carey. You're drunk.|
The rules for our inaugural Skills Competition Drinking Game are simple:
For each event, pick a winner. If your pick wins, you're in the clear. If you're pick loses, you have to drink double the amount of their finishing place (you'll catch a break on the team events). Example, you pick Duncan Keith as fastest skater and he finishes 6th - you drink 12! Fun stuff. Drink responsibly.
Here are the events:
- Fastest Skater
- Breakaway Challenge
- Accuracy Shooting
- Skills Challenge Relay
- Hardest Shot
- Every time you are told to vote on Twitter.
- Any time a previous event winner is mentioned. Zdeno Chara, Mike Gartner, etc.
- For every time a player misses passing the puck into those tiny nets during the Skills Challenge Relay.
- Any time a player's kid is shown on the ice or benches.
- If there is confusion as to whether a player hit a target in the accuracy competition or not.
- If a player uses a prop during the Breakaway Challenge.
- Every time a player is shown filming the event on their phone.
- Every time an NHL team mascot is shown.
- For every cannon blast at Nationwide Arena.
- For every bald spot you see (looking at you Shattenkirk and Getzlaf).
- If the Hardest Shot radar doesn't work or a player misses the net.
- If a hot mic catches a swear.
- If a new record is set during one of the events.
- If a player is injured à la Rick DiPietro.
- If a player falls during an event.
- If a rookie wins an event.